Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fixing Grout Fixing Bathroom Tile Grout/underlayment?

Fixing bathroom tile grout/underlayment? - fixing grout

The previous owner of my house was not installed correctly on the tiles of my bathroom. It is a thick line along the seams of the tub, and if I) a lot of pressure on a tile (heavyweight, I can hear the manure, rubs against the bathtub. I know what to do, replace the tiles, but I have many plans to sell Host to other people, before the house. Is it acceptable to check the grout in the tub to fill with new seals and joints? Is it at least fix the squeak that I hear?

4 comments:

DIY Doc said...

After the installation of thousands of square meters of tiles and joints liter suggest that not the fault of the mortar or tile installation, but it could flex in the subfloor and / or what it supports and in view of the support tray and conditions associated with the time of flight, etc. occur

I can not judge the facility, but not fixed, the width of the line, the grout Tilting the bathtub, and no more than 3 / 8 would have done with a mortar of sand and certainly not in a mixture of polyethylene.

You could create a wedge, if desired, although it might not be aesthetically pleasing and doughs to hold, then caulk the bathtub.

DOC

captbob5... said...

DIY Doc is correct, but I would add that if this condition were here for a while, there is the possibility that the floor under the tub is rotten wet every time a shower.

Recently, I had to simulate a problem, a kitchen of a friend. When I started the mosaic floor was so bad that I could plant a screwdriver through it without much difficulty. At the start of the rotten floor, I found that the basement was too lazy.

After some research I found a leak in a pipe, the water gets under the dishwasher. His wife never told him because she thought she was wrong with the dishwasher. (yes, she is blonde)

We had to replace all the floors in the kitchen

robnrobn... said...

So start cutting on to cement flexible needle nose pliers. Apply, then the area between the tub and tile placed, then apply the seals and drain for 24 hours.

oneminut... said...

I just found a few videos on Youtube, which has to do with it. It seemed very simple.

Post a Comment